I love the Lake District. Staying in Ambleside, we were at the doorstep of all manner of beautiful woodland walks and miniature waterfalls. This is going to be a very image heavy post, so be warned! It's also a mixture of photos taken from my phone and my camera, which is why there is a bit of a quality shift. It was a really liberating break - a nice escape from my work and myself, swapping make-up and bumper bangs for sun screen and mermaid hair!
Here's a list of some of the places in the photos.
- The beautiful Ambleside.
- Crazy Golf at White Platts.
- The lovely Esquires Café in Ambleside.
- The Giggling Goose in Ambleside - great cake after a long walk.
- The Rock Shop - A Dinosaur lovers dream!
- The beautiful Derwentwater Lake, viewed from a Keswick Launch boat tour.
- The Langdale Pikes, Wrynose Pass, Hardknott Pass, Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway and Muncaster Castle via the amazing Mountain Goat Tours.
- Stock Ghyll Force, with it's lovely, tiny waterfalls.
- Rydal Mount & Gardens, home to William Wordsworth.
- Fellinis, a lovely vegetarian restaurant and cinema in Ambleside.
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Bloglovin and Facebook.